The international documentary film festival One World 2021
People in Need Slovakia is proud to present the 22nd season of the One World film festival: seven days packed with the best in international documentary film, inspiring discussions, in-person encounters, exhibitions and interactive expositions.
After the huge success of the first online season, we are pleased to offer online screenings of the documentaries for those unable to share this experience with us in our partner cinemas in Bratislava. For the first time, you can enjoy the One World festival both from the cinema as well as from the comfort of your living room.
The One World festival asks this year: Let’s keep in touch –
- with people who had a different start in life or were born in a country where the only thing they could do was to flee to the unknown;
- with people who still have to risk their lives fighting for democracy and freedom in the 21st century;
- with women who are forced by legislation to undergo life-threatening interventions, as well as with women whose life’s mission is to fight for the rights of other women;
- with viewers with difficulties when it comes to culture and film accessibility such as the visually and hearing impaired, the elderly, foreigners, asylum-seekers, the homeless or parents on maternity leave;
- and last but not least with ourselves, with our inner desires, joys and sorrows.
The One World festival leaves nobody behind. While the fully vaccinated may enjoy the ambience of live and safe screenings, for others there is going to be a comprehensive online alternative.
Screenings in Bratislava supplemented by encounters with film-makers and other special bonuses will take place in the cinemas Kino Lumiere, Artkino za zrkadlom, Klap cinema of The Film and Television Faculty of The Academy of the Performing Arts in Bratislava, Nova Cvernovka, A4 – space zero and in the Faculty of Arts of Comenius University in Bratislava.
Whole-festival passes will be valid both for cinema and online screenings. In case the pandemic situation intervenes, viewers are welcome to use their passes for the online screenings from the safety of their homes. All screenings contain English subtitles. Online screenings are available only in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
The One World festival is an inclusive event that aims to make its programme available to anybody – Even to those who can’t afford the entrance fee. If you are interested in participating in the One World festival and can’t afford the entrance fee due to financial reasons, you are welcome to contact the organisers via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
See you 5-11 November in Bratislava and also virtually all over Slovakia! Feel free to invite your friends and family so they don’t miss out.